Thursday, March 23rd 6:00PM to 7:30PM - Culliney Hall
MONTHLY THEME: A Lenten Evening of Reflection and Stations
A light supper, time for community building and praying Stations of the Cross. All are invited. Registration is required.
A New Form of FASTING
On Ash Wednesday, we heard Jesus direct us to practice three spiritual basics during Lent: prayer, works of charity and fasting. Fasting poses a bit of a challenge for many but maybe these suggestions can help us to see fasting in a different light:
- Give up (fast from) complaining....focus on gratitude.
- Give up (fast from) pessimism....become an optimist.
- Give up harsh judgments....think kindly thoughts.
- Give up worry....trust in Divine Providence.
- Give up negativism......be positive.
- Give up anger and impatience.....be more patient and understanding.
- Give up gossiping......control your tongue.
What else could you fast from to become a better disciple of Jesus?